It's a tradition unlike any other...International prospects entering the Draft that most NBA fans have ZERO knowledge of. Well, that's what we are here for. Take a seat, let us breakdown some of the most intriguing prospects that have been playing overseas.
Now it's important to remember that a number of these prospects might not come over to the NBA immediately. This crop of International players has some serious intrigue on a long term basis. While most will pay close attention to the well-hyped prospects such as Sekou Doumbouya and Goga Bitadze, it's important to also have a close eye on a couple of other notable names.
Before we get into the breakdown, it's important to point out that a number of these prospects towards the bottom of the list could still find themselves withdrawing for a future draft class, but it's important to introduce them just in case.
SEKOU DOUMBOUYA, FORWARD, LIMOGES CSP (FRANCE)
- Sekou Doumbouya is going to be the most "hyped" of this year's International crop of prospects. He's an intriguing athlete that plays the role of a point-forward for Limoges CSP of France. Sekou will commonly find himself with the "raw" tag in every evaluation and he's definitely going to be considered a long term project. Still, his impressive frame and tools that he offers make him a good bet to be selected somewhere in the early lottery this Draft. His outside shooting will be the next step in his development, but Sekou shows the ability to become a weapon with the NBA style of play.
GOGA BITADZE, CENTER, KK MEGA BEMAX (GEORGIA)
- The other hyped name of this group is Goga Bitadze who has spent some time playing with KK Mega Bemax throughout the year. Bitadze is a crafty skilled big who shows serious promise on the offensive side of the ball. A lot of players in the Serbian League show serious flashes of the understanding of fundamentals in basketball and Bitadze is no different. He's a bruiser who sets hard screens and does a great job of understanding rotations on the defensive side of the ball. Bitadze recently just broke Luka Doncic's Euroleague record for PER by a teenager and was named Euroleague's Rising Star. The 19-year-old is a sure bet to go somewhere in the first round.
LUKA SAMANIC, FORWARD, UNION OLIMPIJA (CROATIA)
- Luka Samanic is the name that is gaining a lot of steam as the Draft approaches. The talented big impressed a lot of NBA Personnel with his play at the NBA Combine as Samanic held more than his own. Luka has positioned himself to be an interesting pick towards the second half of the first round on Draft night. The Croatian talented big has the ability to shoot it from outside and is still blossoming into his game.
DEIVIDAS SIRVYDIS, FORWARD, LIETUVOS RYTAS (LITHUANIA)
- Are you looking for an intriguing potential second-round Euro stash candidate? Then take a good look at Deividas Sirvydis of Lietuvos Ryas. The Lithuanian lefty is a smooth shooting prospect that has the potential to be a combo guard weapon at the next level. Sirvydis just turned 19 years old today actually, so he's going to be especially raw in his development. A high basketball IQ player like Sirvydis with good size at 6'8" should have plenty of fans in NBA circles, so keep an eye on this one.
JOSHUA OBIEISE, GUARD, S.OLIVER WÜRZBURG (GERMANY))
- I am intrigued to see who takes a flier on Joshua Obiesie of s.Oliver Würzburg in Germany. Obiesie is most likely going to be a stash candidate, but he's a smooth under control ball handler that looks to have the potential to be a great weapon as a combo guard. Obiesie has a long way to go in his development but shows natural talent and a great feel for the game in the open court. Obiesie has yet to fully make his intentions public about keeping his name in the NBA Draft for this year, so keep an eye on that situation.
YOVEL ZOOSMAN, GUARD, MACABBI TEL AVIV
- Yovel Zoosman is a bit of a wildcard in this group. The 21-year-old wing from Maccabi Tel Aviv won't wow you with his production numbers but teams are intrigued by his size (6'6") and shooting ability from outside if he can develop some consistency. Zoosman would be a bet to hear his name late in the second round as a flier or a stash candidate.
MARCOS LOUZADA SILVA, GUARD, SESI/FRANCA
- The talented Brazilian ball handler will be commonly known as "Didi" throughout the Draft process, and there is a lot of his game to like. Didi will be turning 20 years old this July and stands at 6'5 with some sneaky explosiveness. Although Didi just averaged 10.8 PPG, his shooting percentages stand out. Didi shot 50% from the field, as well as 42.5% from 3 and a true shooting percentage of 62%.