- A bit of a weird game if you watched this one closely. Boston came out of the gate and matched Milwaukee's energy and looked poised to make this one another close one. Then...the Bucks woke up in a huge way.
- When this Milwaukee Bucks team is at it's best is when their two All-Stars are firing on all cylinders. Giannis and Kris Middleton looked like their old selves in this one. The two combined for 57 points on 17/33 (51.5%) shooting.
- The Bucks as a team finished with a franchise high 20 3 pointers made.
- This one got ugly in a hurry, starting with a furious run by the Bucks in the 2nd quarter. Milwaukee led by as many as 31 in this one. At one time in the 3rd quarter, the Bucks were shooting around 50% from the field and 50% from 3. Tough to beat an offensive powerhouse like the Bucks when they are rolling.
- Nightmare shooting performance by Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving. After playing the role of facilitator in Game 1, Kyrie looked to get his shot going in this one. It took a long time. "Uncle Drew" finished 4 of 18 (22.2%) from the field. Irving would finish with 9 points in 30 minutes.
- Nightmare 2nd half, especially in the 3rd quarter, for the Celtics. Looked like a quarter that belonged in Freddy Kruger's dreams. Celtics couldn't make a shot and suddenly became a turnover fest.
- Giannis looked like an MVP candidate again in this one. The Greek Freak finished with 29 points (7/15 FG, 2/4 3P) and 10 rebounds.
What Did We Learn
Milwaukee's offense still looks to be a bit rough at times, but they were scorching tonight. Can they duplicate that performance? Boston will be motivated back in the Garden.